Re: [freesci-develop] Problems compiling glutton

From: Christoph Reichenbach
Subject: Re: [freesci-develop] Problems compiling glutton
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 17:49:32 -0600

Alex,

On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 09:38:45AM +1100, Alex Angas wrote:
> I'm having problems compiling glutton on Win32 so I can run Purify over
> it. They are:
>
> fsci_dll error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _free_reg_t_hash_map
> referenced in function _c_gc_list_reachable
> fsci_dll error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _free_reg_t_hash_map
> fsci_dll error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol

  You have to link the reg_t hash_map (to briefly promote ML notation here ;-)
implementation, which is contained in "src/scicore/reg_t_hash_map.c". (It's
not really a general-purpose hash-map, though, but never mind that... I
honestly have no idea what to call it; it really works as an interning map
mapping anything stored in it to the smallest unused natural number.)

  Here, we actually just use it to implement a set, which keeps track of all
referenced objects during garbage collection (in lieu of reachability flags).

-- Christoph