freetalk-dev

[Freetalk-dev] Guile thread support in freetalk

From: Ekin Sökmen
Subject: [Freetalk-dev] Guile thread support in freetalk
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 22:38:52 +0200

Hi,

I'm new to freetalk and guile I tried some basic scripts to learn more.

What I want to do is start a thread and change the status every 10 seconds. But if I use the (make-thread) procedure of guile I get the following error:

ERROR: Unbound variable: make-thread

My script is as follows :

(define (update-status cmd delay)
  (begin
    (sleep delay)
    (display (exec cmd))
    (ft-set-status-msg! (string-append "online" " " (exec cmd)))
))

make-thread (update-status "uptime" 10)

the procedure "update-status" works just fine but I can not run it in an other thread.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

ekin sokmen