Re: glyphs, Arabic

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: glyphs, Arabic
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 07:24:35 GMT

> I need some information on existing algorithms for manipulating
  Arabic text as bitmap images stored and accessed to display Arabic
  words on the web (e.g.. by using Java applets).  And any related
  information about the various techniques used in handling non-Roman
  languages on the Web and efforts to publish Arabic contents for
  non-Arabic based host machine.

Unfortunately, I can't help here directly (nevertheless, a simple
algorithm for displaying Arabic is implemented in the program
ftstrtto, but this is not very useful for real applications).