Re: FreeType 1.3.1 on BeOS

From: Antoine Leca
Subject: Re: FreeType 1.3.1 on BeOS
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 15:27:36 +0100

Chris Herborth wrote:

> Werner LEMBERG (address@hidden) once said:
>
> >Checked in.  Please test.  Note that I've formatted the files a bit to
> >be consistent with other FT files; additionally, for the sake of
> >8.3 filename compliance, ttmutex-beos.c is now called ttmutex.c.
>
> But no DOS compilers will ever build the BeOS version. ;-)

That may be correct.

However, your file will be part of any FreeType distribution, including
the few ones that will be installed on DOS and on VMS hosts. Werner's point
was that we try to not upset these people; in your case, they will see
the filename as ttmutex-.c, and since it is in a BeOS directory, it should easy
deal with; but other cases have prove to be more difficult, and Werner decided
to stick with our conventions (docs/convntns.txt, note the ugly name ;-)),
because he believes (as I see things) that both names convey the same quantity
of informations.

BTW: I noticed the smiley.

Antoine