Re: FT2 design question

From: Pavel Kankovsky
Subject: Re: FT2 design question
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 18:41:37 +0100 (MET)

On Sat, 26 Feb 2000, Just van Rossum wrote:

> I think (but I'm not 100% sure) that this notion of "correct" ligature
> replacement only exists in german. I quite positive that in english it's
> quite alright to set 's' 'h' 'e' 'l' 'ff' 'u' 'l'.

As far as I know, Czech rules of typography (well, most of them are
probably German inventions) do not allow ligatures to across a boundary
between two components of a composite words either. On the other hand, I
know only very few Czech words affected by this rule.

--Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak  [ Boycott Microsoft--http://www.vcnet.com/bms ]
"Resistance is futile. Open your source code and prepare for assimilation."