Compiling with Cygnus's Cygwin

From: Satpal Chander
Subject: Compiling with Cygnus's Cygwin
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 08:17:23 -0000

Hi,
   I have installed cygwin b20.1 and I can't get either
freetype-1.3.1 of freetype2-current to compile from the standard scripts.

1.3.1: Gives the following error:
bash-2.02$ sh configure
configure: error: can not run //d/Animo_stuff/freetype-1.3.1/config.sub

2-current gives:
bash-2.02$ make
make: ver: Command not found

FreeType build system - automatic system detection

The following settings were detected :

  platform                 : win32
  compiler                 : gcc
  configuration directory  : ./config/win32
  configuration rules      : .configwin32Makefile.gcc

If this does not correspond to your system or settings please remove the
file
config.mk from this directory then read the INSTALL file for help.

Otherwise, simple type make again to build the library

copy: not found
make: *** [dos_setup] Error 127

Both are run from the shell provided by cygwin.

Cheers
Satpal Chander (address@hidden)

http://www.cam-ani.co.uk
All opinions expressed are my own