Re: Install on DG/UX

From: Pavel Kankovsky
Subject: Re: Install on DG/UX
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 10:35:22 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 16 Jun 2000 address@hidden wrote:

> I am having no luck installing FreeType on a DG/UX system.

BTW: what version? I guess it's 1.x but what x?

> file.c:404: warning: implicit declaration of function `munmap'

Are mmap() and munmap() declared in you <sys/mman.h>? (It should.)

> file.c: In function `TT_Open_Stream':
> file.c:434: storage size of `stat_buf' isn't known

Does your <sys/stat.h> define `struct buf'? (It should.)

> file.c:449: warning: implicit declaration of function `open'
> file.c:449: `O_RDONLY' undeclared (first use this function)

Has `configure' found <unistd.h> and <fcntl.h> and do they declare
open() and O_RDONLY? (It should have and they should.)

You DG/UX system seems to be really messed up (compared to a typical
unixish system). Anyway, you can try to replace lib/file.c (being a
symlink to arch/unix/ttmmap.c) with a symlink to ttfile.c

--Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak  [ Boycott Microsoft--http://www.vcnet.com/bms ]
"Resistance is futile. Open your source code and prepare for assimilation."