FIXED: ftsmooth.c and weird memory allocations.

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: FIXED: ftsmooth.c and weird memory allocations.
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 12:23:14 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

Found the problem: FT_Pos was a signed long (8 bytes!).  Changing that
to signed int and recompiling fixed the problem (and introduced some
mild warnings for code in the t1 driver).  Why?  FT_BBox uses FT_Pos,
and if the BBOx coordinates are off, so is pitch and height in the
smooth rendered module.  I would use macro conditionals to get the
right typedefs in ftimage.h, but I would need to include ftconfig.h,
which appears not to happen in any of include/freetype/*.h

Next: attached are two patches forthe CFF driver.  One is because
DEC's compiler complained about result = (result <<= 8) | *p++, the
other is because of an unaligned access error.

Finally: for cidgload.c, there are warnings about
*top++=top[0]/top[1].  This was reported to the list by others, and
they supplied a fix in their post; therefore, I don't offer a patch.

I get the feeling that I cam going to be catching a lot of 64 bit
issues. ;)

Regards,

Tom