Re: Help wanted (preparing the candidate release)

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: Help wanted (preparing the candidate release)
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:46:31 +0200

Hi Henrik,

> David Turner wrote:
>
> > There are now good chances that we'll be able to release the
> > _last_ FreeType 2 beta next week, a.k.a. the 2.0 release candidate.
>
> Does this mean that it will include the patent-free autohinter for the first
> time, or have I missed something else?

It does. Wasn't it for non-technical reasons, the auto-hinter would have
been added to the CVS hierarchy in June.

But well, that was in theory, and we all want to go living to the town
of Theory (because everything works in Theory)

I'm just waiting for the agreement from the contracting company..

Best regards,

- David