Re: problem with Courier-BoldOblique

From: Just van Rossum
Subject: Re: problem with Courier-BoldOblique
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 15:15:49 +0100

At 9:04 AM -0400 19-07-2000, Tom Kacvinsky wrote:
>Which /version of Helvetica?  The version that came with Acrocat 3.0 is
>a synthetic font.  The Type 1 spec that I have is the one available on
>Adobe ASN web site.

Hm, I must've made a typo while searching, as "synthetic fonts" indeed have
a chapter devoted to them. Oops...

>I wonder if there is a newer version floating
>around out there that is *not* synthetic.  Hmmmm....

I looked again and the version I have is indeed sythetic. I was misled by
the fact that it contains a full copy of the non-oblique Helvetica (conform
the spec).

I think that FT2 should indeed support this.

Just