Re: Support Mac Fonts ?

From: Joerg Pommnitz
Subject: Re: Support Mac Fonts ?
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 20:31:23 +0200

The Mac is different. Files in MacOS consist of two forks,
one data fork that is the equivalent of data files in most
operating systems and a ressource fork. The ressource fork
is an odd thing. It's basically another file with a MacOS
defined structure (a ressource directory with tags that
points to ressources inside the ressource fork).
Traditionally fonts are stored as ressources. I assume that
the Mac font driver just contains code to access fonts
ressources, otherwise the fonts should be identical to
what you get on all other platforms.