native hinting

From: Francesco Zappa Nardelli
Subject: native hinting
Date: 13 Sep 2000 23:22:35 +0200

Hello,

I'm going to integrate the Freetype2 rasterizer in Ghostscript
graphics library.

I'm also contemplating to replace all the Ghostscript Type1 font
interpreter by the Freetype2 module type1z.  Actually, the Type1
interpreter uses the autohinter in order to compute hinting (am I
right?).  I remember a mail on this list in which David took the
decision to come back to the native hinting for Type1 fonts.  I'd like
to know when this is going to happen, or if I've just missed some
messages.

Regards,

-francesco