Re: adding a couple of lines to freetype/freetype.h

From: David Somers
Subject: Re: adding a couple of lines to freetype/freetype.h
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 16:27:20 +0200

> > > Let say that the include is just for people using the MS compiler and
> MFC.
> > I don't recognize the directives you're using.  Sure these are for
> MSVC/MFC?
> Yes. Check MSDN for #pragma comment. Works great. I first saw it first
> in CJLibrary (http://www.codejock.com/) by Kirk Stowell.

Hang on... my sample had the #pragma comment stuff in it... yours had the:

#define _FTX_COMMENT "freetype2.8.lib"
 #define _FTX_MESSAGE "Automatically linking with freetype2.8.lib"

stuff which I don't recognize.

> > No idea. I developed my own (MSVC) workspace and project files, and
passed
> > them to David Turner to put into the freetype distribution... meanwhile,
> you
> > can get them from my personal web site (www.somers.lu).
> I already downloaded them a couple of days ago, but i can't use them
because
> can't get them to compile against MFC.

Ah. As I never use MFC its not a problem for me. I guess you'd probably need
to muck around with the preprocessor directives in the project settings to
set the stuff needed for MFC... I guess I should really add a few more
project settings to allow for an MFC build (in addition to my standard
non-MFC builds).

> BTW, i would be nice if the project
> files
> would sit in the build/win32 directory in stead of the root of the
freetype
> directory.

Yes, I know that this is where they should *logically* sit, but sometimes
logic can be a pain, and I was in a hurry... if the workspace/project files
are moved there, all the output and temporary files live above that
directory, and I just couldn't be bothered to work out how many ../../../..
to put in their (relative) locations :-)

> (If i have some time left, i'll have a look at them and rework them)

Have fun with that.

David (Somers).