Compile problem "undefined reference to address@hidden'"

From: T.D.Bishop
Subject: Compile problem "undefined reference to address@hidden'"
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 11:19:22 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

I'm new to this list, so excuse me if I ask something that's been asked
before. I'm setting up a Solaris 8 box (intel) and I've been installing
Gnome. As part of all this I've had to install Freetype 1.3.1.

However, compilation is failing. This is the error I get;

../lib/.libs/libttf.so: undefined reference to address@hidden'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [ftview] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/u1/downloads/freetype-1.3.1/test'
make: *** [tttest] Error 2

I've got a feeling this is related to another library I've compiled on the
system, but I'm not entirely sure. If anyone can give me a pointer as to
where I need to be looking I'd be most grateful.

I realise this is only in the test directory, but if I leave it out of the
compilation I get the same thing cropping up when trying to compile
Enlightenment.

Thanks a lot,

Tim Bishop.