Fw: VOLT update and OpenType article

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Fw: VOLT update and OpenType article
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 22:26:25 +0200 (CEST)

Friends,

read this.  It's a very nice and well written article!

     Werner
--- Begin Message --- Subject: VOLT update and OpenType article Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 09:42:32 -0700

We have just posted the beta version of VOLT 1.1 to the VOLT community site

http://communities.msn.com/MicrosoftVOLTuserscommunity/

This version of VOLT includes the following new features and fixes...

Features added
 Profile window displays glyph names string with result glyphs itself
 Support multiple character codes for one glyph
 Surrogates supported as codepoints in cmap
 cmap service support
 cmap format field now understand "Format.version"
 VOLT asks to save changes before shipping font
 Recent files list
 Command line params support added
 Find Glyph dialog opens on Ctrl-F in glyph editor
 'Enter' end 'ESC' in Find Glyph have standard dialog box behavior
 Glyph editor doesn't jump to move founded glyph to the top row
 Support for . and _ in glyph names

Fixes
 Fixed: Several fatal errors when project not opened
 Fixed: Glyph editor refreshed after importing project
 eula.txt added to the setup directory
 Setup fix: Create program group

Also if you've not read it yet, please check out our Windows Glyph Processing article posted here

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/developers/opentype/default.htm

The article (announced at ATypI) is an overview and explication of advanced Windows text rendering, including the OpenType font format, the Windows Unicode Script Processor (Uniscribe), and the OpenType Layout Services library (OTLS).

Cheers, Si Daniels
Microsoft Typography Web site and tools

--- End Message ---