Re: Short Roadmap

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: Short Roadmap
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 13:37:09 +0200

Hi Karsten,

> Hi David,
>
> could you make "ftlayout" available for download on the ftp server? I'm very
> interested in it, but I can't get CVS access because of our company's
> firewall.

I don't think it's a good idea until the thing can really be compiled :-).
Please use ViewCVS instead if you want to look at the code, there isn't a
lot of things for now.

Note that there also is a new module called "mlib", which I use to
gather most font-independent stuff I've written for FT2, in order
to re-use it in other projects like FTLayout and maybe other good
things that will be released later ;-) For now, this thing is
"highly experimental" though..

> I also need some documentation on the caching sub-system.

sorry, I can't help you right now, hope to write something about it
in the tutorial though.. Have a look at the sources, especially
the file "ft2demos/src/ftcommon.i" which uses it..

CRegards,

- David