RE: [FT2 Status Update]

From: Fleischer, Karsten (K.)
Subject: RE: [FT2 Status Update]
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 11:10:12 -0500

Hi David,

>    - the cache sub-system is now basically complete, though
>      still contains a major bug that seems to completely
>      wreck programs when the "small bitmaps" cache is used
>      (the current demo programs do not trap though, you
>       can use them safely)
>
>      Strangely, a tool like "insure++" wasn't capable of
>      telling me what it was. If someone has Purify, I'd be
>      glad if he could run some tests (please contact me for
>      exact instructions).

We have Purify here at work and I'd volunteer for testing, as I'm using
FreeType for all the text display in our CAD application now ;-)
I haven't been using Purify yet, but I will have a look at it on
Thursday/Friday.

Thanks for your comments on the cache system. I have decided not to cache
rotated glyphs, as 95% of the text I have to draw is not rotated, so the
existing cache system is OK for me.

Karsten