Re: RFC: adding a couple of lines to freetype/freetype.h

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: RFC: adding a couple of lines to freetype/freetype.h
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 12:14:13 +0200

Hi again,

> #ifdef WIN32
>  // BDL Awaiting approval from FreeType team.
>  #ifdef _DEBUG
>   // BDL If different from release
>   #define _FTX_COMMENT "freetype2.8.lib"
>   #define _FTX_MESSAGE "Automatically linking with freetype2.8.lib"
>  #else
>   #define _FTX_COMMENT "freetype2.8.lib"
>   #define _FTX_MESSAGE "Automatically linking with freetype2.8.lib"
>  #endif
>
>  #pragma comment(lib, _FTX_COMMENT)
>  #pragma message(_FTX_MESSAGE)
> #endif

This seems a worthy addition, with the exception that this
code should be placed in a system-specific source file and
location.

For example, we could create
"builds/win32/freetype/config/ftconfig.h" and add the code
there, with additional checks to ensure that it gets compiled
_only_ when the Visual C++ compiler is used on this platform :-)

This would also require an additional include flag when
compiling, like "-I./builds/win32".. Given that this is
purely optional it shouldn't break things (i.e. existing
workspaces).

Any idea of how to perform these checks ?? Does this seem
reasonable ? I'm in favor of adding them if it doesn't
cause havoc..

Cheers,

- David