[Devel] Questions about Jam

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: [Devel] Questions about Jam
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 12:52:11 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

I have a coule of comments/questions about use of Jam.

I can think of a couple of people who lead other open source type projects who
will be dismayed that FT is going to move torwards Jam for the build process.
Will autoconf/libtool still be supported for UN*X like platforms?

Possibly jumping the gun here, but ...

Will Jam build shared objects?  I got Jam to successfuly build a standard
archive library for static linking.  But no shared object was built.

What about install targets?

Fianlly, some questions about Jam:

Which C compiler is it using?  The build output just lists Cc, with no
indication of which compiler and/or flags are being used.

That is all for now.

Tom