[Devel] Re: [Freetype] TT Fonts with FixedPitch flag set

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Devel] Re: [Freetype] TT Fonts with FixedPitch flag set
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2001 16:24:44 +0200 (CEST)

> I have some number of fonts that have FT_FACE_FLAG_FIXED_WIDTH flag
> set.  I use following piece of code in order to get glyph widths.
> But for these fonts, the width for all glyphs equals 2048.  I use
> these values for creating PDF files.  Other programs get different
> values for different glyphs.  What is wrong?

Which font are you using?  Are you using CJK fonts?  I think there is
a special (undocumented) convention within MS Windows with CJK
TrueType fonts: The `isFixedPitch' flag in the POST table is set,
implicitly assuming that all `half-width glyphs' (from a predefined
set of character codes) half exactly the half width of the other
glyphs.

Can someone elaborate on this?