[Devel] Further to rotated characters at small point sizes

From: Greg Inman
Subject: [Devel] Further to rotated characters at small point sizes
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 14:48:13 +0100

Hello,

As happens often when I explain a problem to someone else I see my own
programming mistake quite soon thereafter.

With respect to my email of Friday 27 April I have edited my code so that I
now pass FT_Glyph_Transform() a rotation matrix *and* the 2d translation
vector.  Then I am calling FT_Glyph_To_Bitmap() without the translation
vector.  The results of rendering rotated characters at small angles are now
better.

They are still not as good as Display PostScript though.

I also found that I had a small confusion about which way was up.

Now I am going back over my code to see if it differs from the example code
in ft2demos.

Thanks,
Greg

Greg Inman
Senior Software Engineer
Laser-Scan, Cambridge Science Park CB4 0FY
Telephone: 01223-420414,  Fax: 01223-420044
email:  address@hidden
"Any opinions expressed are mine and not necessarily those of Laser-Scan"