[Devel] Acrobat 5.0 and Cooltype

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: [Devel] Acrobat 5.0 and Cooltype
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 09:12:37 -0400 (EDT)

Has anyone used Acrobat 5.0 on a laptop and configured the CoolType rendering
system?  I am interested to see what kind of antialiasing results one gets.

I have Acrobat 5.0 for Macintosh, but no laptop to test it on.

In case you re windering, CoolType is one of Adobe's "core" technologies which
takes care of rendering/anti-aliasing/&c.  It supposedly has a True Type
rendering engine in addition to a Type 1/CFF renderer.  Each Adobe application
linked against the CoolType libs has no need for ATM, so you could say CoolType
is meant to replace ATM, but on a per app basis.

There is no documentation on Adobe's developer website reagrding Cool Type, and
what I know I have "heard" on various font related mailing lists.

Tom