[Devel] Ask for help(very important!)

From: 王毅
Subject: [Devel] Ask for help(very important!)
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 08:56:30 +0800

Hi,

    May I ask you to improve the FreeType2? I have some problems in my work. The problems are very serious and must be solved by FreeType. If you can give me a new version of FreeType2, I will appreciate you very much.

(1) About embedded cff font

    I want to display PDF text that uses embedded cff font. But I find a very serious problem. I can't use FT_Get_Char_Index() function to retrieve the correct glyph index for certain character code. Because the m_ftFace->charmap is set to NULL.

    I think it is a bug of FreeType. It should build one charmap for cff font as other font types, like type1, truetype etc, or I can't use FreeType to support embedded cff font!

(2) About embedded CID font

    In PDF, some embedded CID fonts have no CMap(CIDFontType2, descript as a TrueType font). It is the DescendantFonts of Type0 and the Type0 font defines the CMap. When I use FT_New_Memory_Face() to initial the font, FreeType will return an error because there is no CMap. Therefore, I want FreeType to repair this problem and provide a more flexible interface to get the glyph.

    Please answer me as soon as possible, thanks very much.

Jacky/2001/8/22