[Devel] Help ... True Type font description ...

From: Nishanta Abeysinghe
Subject: [Devel] Help ... True Type font description ...
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 19:02:03 +0000

Is there an API that enables one to read a true type header or sufficient information to get the listed font name from within
a ttf/ttc file.

The problem I have is windows enumerates the font name that is within
a ttf file which is not necessarily the same that is listed in the registry. Therefor, the comparison fails when attempting to determine which ttf/ttc file to use. ( for instance Japanese, MS MINCHO etc. )

Windows does this but I have not been able to get any information from
microsoft or msdn regarding the API. Thought some of you might have run into this problem.

Thanks in advance
Nishatna