[Devel] A question about how to get glyph index

From: 王毅
Subject: [Devel] A question about how to get glyph index
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 16:44:52 +0800

Hi all,

FT2 only provides FT_Get_Char_Index(FT_Face, FT_ULong) to get the glyph
index. But in PDF, a font definition usually has a /Encoding attribute
and we should take it as standard. So the best way to access the glyph
is through the char name, not char code. I think FT2 should provide
another function to do this, like that:

FT_EXPORT(FT_UInt) FT_Get_Char_Index(FT_Face, FT_String*);

Do you agree with me?

Jacky/09/05