Re: [Devel] Postscript hinter module commited

From: Vadim Plessky
Subject: Re: [Devel] Postscript hinter module commited
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 14:16:42 +0000

On Friday 05 October 2001 09:41, David Turner wrote:
|   Hello,
|
|     Now that the migration is completed, I have just commited the
|     Postscript hinter module to the CVS repository. It is however
|     located in a separate branch named "VER-2-0-4-PATCH" and until

Is snapshot available somewhere? (URL?)
Sorry for question, but I got used to update from tar.gz/bz2, or SRPM.
(current FT is installed from Mandrake's Cooker SRPM)

|     now, only the "type1" font driver was modified to use it
|     (changing the "cid" and "cff" drivers shouldn't be very
|      difficult though..)
|
|     Since both branches (HEAD and VER-2-0-4-PATCH) have evolved
|     rather importantly, I expect some significant problems when
|     trying to merge them (actually, my past experience with CVS's
|     merging capabilities has simply been disastrous !!).
|
|     I thus would like to make a 2.0.5 release of the HEAD branch
|     before trying the merge. At least this will get some stable
|     code released for the good of everyone before we try this
|     "experiment"..

It depends what do you want to achieve with FT 2.0.5 release.
For example, if you want to extend beta-users' base, it can be good idea to
have latest snapshot in Mandrake Cooker and Redhat's RawHide (development
version) .  So all people testing cooker/rawhide can (potentially) send bug
reports.
But there is no way to put two developemnt releases into it (on top of having
FT 1.3 as well...)
I think that it would be nice to have PS Hinter in 2.0.5, and to test it
extensively. But from other side you can release 2.0.5 without it now, and 2
weeks later 2.0.6 with PS Hinter.

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)