[Devel] MLib API draft release

From: David Turner
Subject: [Devel] MLib API draft release
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 00:27:36 +0200

Hello,

  I have just published the first draft of the MLib API
  It is available at:

    http://www.freetype.org/mlib/docs/reference/mlib-toc.html

  For those who don't know it, the MLib is the support library
  that we'll use to build FTLayout, as well as another project
  named UniType I'll be talking about shortly.

  The MLib is a sort of GLib on steroids, and provides a robust
  exception handling sub-system explained on the following paper:

    http://www.freetype.org/david/reliable-c.html

  Please notice that the API is still alpha, so expect a few things
  to change in the future, even though I'm pretty convinced that
  90% of the stuff there will stay..

  I welcome any comments, as usual..

Regards,

- David

PS: By the way, a new module named "unitype" has been added to
    the CVS repository, containing some preliminary code for
    the upcoming UniType project..

    UniType is a unified font service for Unix and I'm currently
    polishing a paper on the subject.. you can still look at the
    source, it's even possible to generate an API documentation
    from the comments (as usual with the "docmaker" tool)..

PS2: Mailman administration is now fixed. I'm now taking care of
     re-enabling CVS log messages to be sent to the address@hidden
     mailing list..