[Devel] How do we handle IsoLatin-1 encoding in Type1 fonts?

From: Greg Inman
Subject: [Devel] How do we handle IsoLatin-1 encoding in Type1 fonts?
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 15:36:43 +0100

We are using FreeType to replace our existing use of DisplayPostscript to
display
text in our X-Windows application.  We use PostScript Type1 fonts.

In our existing application we can modify existing fonts in two ways:

1) by using the inbuilt ISOLatin1Encoding coding vector

2) by defining an encoding vector in an AFM file and using that
   information to set an encoding vector

Has anyone had experience of doing this sort of thing using FreeType
software?

Thanks,
Greg Inman