Re: [Devel] Memory leak in FT2 (before new pshinter commit)

From: Pavel Kankovsky
Subject: Re: [Devel] Memory leak in FT2 (before new pshinter commit)
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 20:17:00 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, Tom Kacvinsky wrote:

> As I don't have purify (what a great product, based on the demo I
> had), I tried using Electric Fence.  That did no good.

EF cannot detect leaks. But there are other tools like ccmalloc
(http://www.inf.ethz.ch/personal/biere/projects/ccmalloc/, I used
this thing several times in the past and I liked it) or dmalloc
(http://dmalloc.com/, I have not used it personally but I have
heard it is rather good).

--Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak  [ Boycott Microsoft--http://www.vcnet.com/bms ]
"Resistance is futile. Open your source code and prepare for assimilation."