Re: [Devel] Release of freetype 1.x

From: Antoine Leca
Subject: Re: [Devel] Release of freetype 1.x
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 09:52:34 +0100

Bon dia a tots,

David Turner wrote:

> Werner LEMBERG a écrit :
> >
> > I propose another option: skip 1.4 completely, saying that there is no
> > official 1.4 release, and produce 1.5.
> >
> I agree completely. Playing with the 1.4 release number will be the
> source of problems, no matter how we do it..

OK, I agree it is a better idea.

> Antoine, would you be ready to prepare the 1.5 release ?

OK, I'll go this way.
Besides committing everything I have ready, I will do some basic tests
in order to align FT1 with the major bugs we found in FT2/sfnt the past
two years, like the cmap type 2 bug Werner was mentionning (I believe
some of them are corrected, but since the sources still are very common,
a quick test is probably easy to perform; OTOH, it will probably *not*
be exhaustive, this is for a later moment).

> Once you tell us that everything is OK, we can make the new
> packages very quickly..

Before that, I would like to see some beta testers trying compiling
it on some various, 'interesting' environments.

Antoine