[Devel] Freetype2 and graphic raster

From: Laurent CREPILIERE
Subject: [Devel] Freetype2 and graphic raster
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 13:40:57 +0100

Hi there,
I know Freetype is an open source library and I don't want to bother you but I would appreciate an answer ;))

Well, I'm using FreeType2 library to read and decode HP PCL files. Below is a render of what I get.
I've got 2 problems :

- The size of characters as set in the PCL file, for example 12Cpi (12 character per inch) gives the exact contrary when used with the FT_Set_Char_Size function.
I mean 10 Cpi is smaller than 12 Cpi - it should be the contrary.
Therefore i use this method to have the proper proportions:

ftError = FT_Set_Char_Size(pftFace, 0, (128*64)/iPointSize, 300, 300);
(I know this is ugly, sorry)

What wrong between Cpi and character size ?

- The other problem is of greater concern to me
the "...ffff..." line above should be a graphic line like this "...---------...".
Can the library render those characters (they are beyond the 127th ASCII) or not ?

Anyway the library saved me a lot of time in this project.
Cheers,
   _ _
 _|_  |
|    |_| Laurent CREPILIERE