[Devel] Accessing the kerning table directly...

From: Matthew Titelbaum
Subject: [Devel] Accessing the kerning table directly...
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 01:11:03

To whom it may concern:

I recently started looking at the FreeType API, and it is exceptionally impressive. I would like to use it in a utility I am writing, but I've come up to a bit of a snag that I haven't been able to find a solution for in the docs. I was hoping to be able to use FreeType to help convert TTF's to a different format by stripping out the needed data from the TTF. One of the things I would like to strip out is the kerning information for a face. Now, I suppose I could reconstruct the table by checking the kerning information of every glyph in a face against all the rest of the glyphs in the face using FT_Get_Kerning, but I was wondering if there was already a way to access the kerning table directly. Looking at the code, it seems that the table itself is private. Is there a way to get to the table using the API? Thanks in advance.

                                          ---Matthew Titelbaum