Re: [Devel] using Freetype to draw unfilled anti-aliased text

From: Leonard Rosenthol
Subject: Re: [Devel] using Freetype to draw unfilled anti-aliased text
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 12:50:53 -0500

At 12:06 PM 11/26/2001 -0800, Mike Redding wrote:
I am trying to determine if it is possible to use Freetype to render
unfilled anti-aliased text.

        Theoretically, but not by default.

Some folks have been using the core rendering code inside of FT as a "anti-aliasing vector library" - in which case you could certainly do it. However, there is no such capability exposed at this time. If you wanted to expose it, I am sure we'd happily take the patch ;).

The more common method is to ask FT for the outlines of the glyph, and then pass the paths to your own AA vector library (or platform vector drawing API's).

Leonard