[Devel] small improvements

From: David Turner
Subject: [Devel] small improvements
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 18:55:48 +0100

Hello,

  Just to inform you that I made a few improvements to the pre-2.0.6
  FreeType sources just before christmas:

    - the advance width of mono-spaced glyphs wasn't computed
      correctly by the auto-hinter. This resulted in very
      weird text display in terminals and editor windows..

    - the advance width of proportional glyphs wasn't computed
      too optimaly, resulting in strange "letter spacing" problems.
      this has been fixed (at least partially)..

  the end result is a much better anti-aliased text on my Linux
  installations. I'm actually using FreeType without the TrueType
  bytecode interpreter, and the result is pretty good for sans-serif
  fonts. :o)

Cheers,

- David