[Devel] 2.0.6 tagged in CVS

From: David Turner
Subject: [Devel] 2.0.6 tagged in CVS
Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 11:40:10 +0100

Hello,

  I finally found the bug that prevented correct viewing
  of "tt1095m_.ttf", sent by Scott Long. It appears that
  the glyph data in this font is invalid.

  The TrueType glyph loader was not paranoid enough, which
  resulted in nasty overwrites all over the place, memory
  trashing and other nastiness.

  I have added the relevant checks to the code yesterday
  (this also gets rid of the temporary hack that checked
   that glyph data was at least 10 bytes, since the
   solution is now more general)..

  I now consider that 2.0.6 is ready, and have tagged the
  CVS sources with "VER-2-0-6".

  I hope to make the official release tomorrow. There may
  be a few changes to the sources (in order to get rid of
  compile warning only), but only minor ones..

  Other bugs will be fixed in 2.0.7.

  Note also that since FreeType is becoming a critical
  component of many Unix systems, it's probably a good
  idea to split the sources between a "stable" branch,
  and an "unstable" one..

  I thus propose to create a new unstable branch, named
  2.1.0, just after the release. The next stable releases
  of FreeType will be named 2.0.7 or 2.2.0..

  This will allow important work on the internals in the
  2.1 branch while still releasing simple bug-fixes in
  the 2.0.x one..

Cheers,

- David