RE: [I18n]Re: [Devel] Re: [Fonts]Another approach to text in X

From: David Smith
Subject: RE: [I18n]Re: [Devel] Re: [Fonts]Another approach to text in X
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 20:21:24 -0800

This is probably due to the ITAR restriction on shipping any software to
foreign countries (at least a list of countries) that can be used in the
"design, construction, operation or maintenance of any nuclear facility". They
regs are fun to read (assuming you have trouble sleeping) but are really clear
on the restriction. I suspect that Sun legal is protecting their interest (as
most software companies have to).

Regards
David