Re: [Devel] PCF driver memory leaks solved..

From: Niels Moseley
Subject: Re: [Devel] PCF driver memory leaks solved..
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 15:59:21 +0100

Hi,

<ode deleted>

Why do you declare toc, toctable, and j?  They are never used.

You are right, that is old stuff I used to test and can be removed..

NM>      FREE( face->encodings );
NM>      FREE( face->metrics );

NM>      for ( i = 0; i < face->nprops; i++ )
NM>      {
NM>        FREE( tmp->name );
NM>        if ( tmp->isString )
NM>          FREE( tmp->value );
NM>        tmp++;
NM>      }
NM>      FREE(face->properties );
NM>      FREE(face->toc.tables);
NM>      FREE(face->root.family_name);
NM>      FREE(face->root.available_sizes);
NM>      FREE(face->charset_encoding);
NM>      FREE(face->charset_registry);

This looks good to me.

NM>      FT_TRACE4(( "DONE_FACE!!!\n" ));

NM>      return PCF_Err_Ok;
NM>    }

The problem appears to be completely unrelated from the bitmap buffer
in the face object.

That's right. My memory checker was generating wrong information due to a bad .DLL I built! The bitmap memory is freed by the basic glyph system.

Please, confirm that this solve your memory leak problem.  If yes, I
will provide a patch.

I had hundreds of small memory leaks. They are all gone with the code submitted.
Great stuff!

Cheers, Niels.