Re: [Devel] pcfdriver.c memory leak

From: Francesco Zappa Nardelli
Subject: Re: [Devel] pcfdriver.c memory leak
Date: 06 Feb 2002 15:48:59 +0100

DT> Done, as well as the patch managing the "AVERAGE_WIDTH"
DT> property.. _Please_ test..

Humpf... I was talking of the second patch, not of the first one.

When I wrote the PCF driver I was extremely reluctant to use all the
information provided in the properties because of some bizarre
informations contained there...

DW> Sorry, found some fonts with negative AVERAGE_WIDTH...

That is...  Right now I cannot test last Detlef's patch, but from the
top of my mind I remeber that not all pcf fonts are required to have
the accelerator table.  In such case you should trust the properties
derived from the XLFD information.  Thus, I do not think it should be
applied (and the AVERAGE_WIDTH patch should be undoed).

DW> The XFree86 base fonts all have usable sizes with it, hopefully
DW> its now foolproof enough...

Unfortunately, not all PCF fonts have been compiled with XFree86.

By the way, please check whether the original BDF font (or the
original XLFD) has a negative AVERAGE_WIDTH property or not.

Regards,
-francesco