Re: [Devel] pcfread.c accelerator and size patch

From: Keith Packard
Subject: Re: [Devel] pcfread.c accelerator and size patch
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 11:20:28 -0800

Around 20 o'clock on Feb 8, Francesco Zappa Nardelli wrote:

> If we set
>
>     root->available_sizes->height =
>           face->accel.fontAscent + face->accel.fontDescent;
>     root->available_sizes->width  = root->available_sizes->height;

Oops, no of course that's not right -- the fontAscent/fontDescent values
in X *include* any font-designer leading (sigh).  My mistake.

Instead, of course we should use the pixel size of the fonts as
advertised in the properties (given none, we should use the above
computation as a fallback).  Again, use the same size for width and
height, given the current semantics for FT_Set_Pixel_Sizes.

Sorry for the confusion.

Keith Packard        XFree86 Core Team        Compaq Cambridge Research Lab