[Devel] Still lots of changes in sources

From: David Turner
Subject: [Devel] Still lots of changes in sources
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 19:26:47 +0100

Hello,

  I'd like to warn you that I've not finished my changes within the
  FreeType sources, it is now likely that these will take several
  days.

  I'm unsure that the code that is currently commited can compile,
  since I have still so much unstable modifications on my machine
  still..

  I'll announce the completion of the changes. These are drastic
  internal changes to the engine including a few new features that
  will be detailed a bit later.. the reason why these are not made
  in a separate branch is that there is no way to merge patches to
  the old tree with the new code, believe me I've tried :o)

  In the mean-time, I have the option of re-defining the module
  interface/class structure to simplify things a bit for future
  work. This would unfortunately break API for programs that use
  the content of FT_MODULE_H.

  By default, this part of the API is only meaningful to people
  writing and testing their own modules for the library so I don't
  think that breaking it is too important right now..

  For this reason, I intend to call the new code FreeType 2.2 even
  if the FT_MODULE_H part would require a major version increase..

Comments anyone ??

- David Turner