Re: [Devel] [Devel]Problem with versions above 2.0.5

From: Antoine Leca
Subject: Re: [Devel] [Devel]Problem with versions above 2.0.5
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 20:04:53 +0100

<address@hidden> wrote on Friday, March 01, 2002 4:53 PM
> I've encountered a problem with the versions of FreeType 2 above 2.0.5.
>
> I'm drawing Japanese fonts from the MS Gothic TTF file. The size of the
font
> is smaller then 23 pixels.
> With version 2.0.5 I get good glyph images but with version 2.0.7 and
2.0.8
> the glyphs just consists of a few diagonal lines.

Are you 200% sure the bytecode interpreter is enabled with your new builds?
(remember, for patents reasons, the bytecode interpreter is normally turned
off for the files we release. And when it is turned off, typical glyphs at
small
point size for CJKV fonts are rendered as garbage: hinting is necessary for
ideograms at such low resolution, to get legible results).

Of course, if for any reasons you cannot turn the bytecode interpreter on
(perhaps because you cannot afford the price of paying the royaties for the
patent), then Freetype is not a solution for you, at least in the present
state of
affairs.

Antoine