Re: [Devel] font driver for Windows

From: yap
Subject: Re: [Devel] font driver for Windows
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 23:58:03 +0800

in Section 3.6.1.2 of Microsoft DDK document,
functions that a "font driver" should support are listed.
but i can't find any example.

on 2000/xp, ATM is a kernel mode driver,
which need special admin right,
i still have no idea how to obtain those right,
according to Yuan Feng, a postscript printer driver
could stay in user mode (so that the development is much more easier)
printer driver can provide "device fonts",
now the only thing left is to confirm "device fonts",
could be used by ,not only on the printer DC, but all Windows AP  .

from windows user point of view, the font driver is useless,
but for font vendor, it will be convenient to have consistant
font appearance on multiple platforms (linux , windows and os/2) .
beside, i think there will be more pleasure beating Microsoft
built in TrueType driver than os/2 one.

yap