RE: [Devel] compiling freetype on 16-bit embedded

From: David Smith
Subject: RE: [Devel] compiling freetype on 16-bit embedded
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 18:12:16 -0800

On VC7 it is 1300. Just checked.
David

David W. Smith
Architect

Avant! Corporation
9205 SW Gemini Drive
Beaverton, OR 97008

Voice: 503.520.2715
FAX: 503.643.3361
Email: address@hidden
http://www.avanticorp.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Antoine Leca [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2002 2:17 PM
To: address@hidden

Salut David,
Hi Steve,

David Turner <address@hidden> wrote on Friday, March 08, 2002 1:33 PM

> Steve Calzone a écrit :
> >
> > trying to compile for 16-bit embedded system
<couic>
> > Also, could not compile at all unless __STDC__ defined to remove all
> > references to 64-bit types (since I don't seem to have a 64-bit
> > type).
> >
> > I am using the Microsoft (R) C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version
> > 8.00c.
> >
>   - you don't need 64-bit types to compile and run FreeType. Their use
>     is purely optional, and will actually sometimes result in slightly
>     slower code depending on your compiler/platform !!
>
>     our current "ftconfig.h" test for the __MSC_VER macro to detect the
>     Visual C++ compiler. If it is found, it automatically uses 64-bit ints
>     since these are supposed to be available..

Hmm, I highly suspect we really use _MSC_VER (only one leading _). If so, we
can improve a bit our process.

_MSC_VER is defined by Microsoft C compiler since v.6 (around 1989). Its
"value" (this is a string, of course) is v00, where v is the number version. So
version 6 (whatever the target, BTW) was defined as 600; C/C++ 7.0 was 700.
Straightforward so far. The additional thing to know is that the product have
been renamed by marketing department, but (hopefully) the compiler version
number stayed. So Visual C++ 1.x (being 1.0 for Windows ie the 16-bit compiler,
1.0 for Windows NT ie the 32-bit compiler or 1.5x for Windows) is really
version 8.0 (hence Steve's version number); and _MSC_VER is 800 for this
version.

Alike, VC++ 2 have 900, VC++ 4 (marketing did strike again, there is no
VC++3) have 1000, VC++ 5 have 1100 and VC++ 6 have 1200 (and I expect
VC7 to have 1300, but I did not check that).

The additional information is that VC++ 2 does have a __int64 (and __int128)
type, while VC++ 1.x (any version, include the one for NT) does not. So if we
are to use _MSC_VER to toggle in the __int64 type, we should restrict ourselves
to it being defined *and* >= 900.

Antoine

Conexión y correo gratis en http://www.oriolnet.com
Dominios gratis en http://www.dominios.es.vg