Re: [Devel] Accessing the 'gasp' SFNT table

From: Vincent Caron
Subject: Re: [Devel] Accessing the 'gasp' SFNT table
Date: 11 Apr 2002 18:23:28 +0200

On Thu, 2002-04-11 at 17:36, David Turner wrote:
> I think that it'd be better to create a new API, something like
>
>    FT_Get_Gasp_Mode( face )
>
> which would return an enum indicating the rendering mode to
> apply (i.e. no-hints + anti-aliasing, hints + monochrome,
> hints + anti-aliasing, etc..)

OK, something more high-level. Actually I was thinking 'truetype' only,
I don't know if other vectorial font formats carry such information
about rendering.

> By the way, feel free to contribute a patch, I'm currently
> busy with the preparation of 2.1.0

Since you announced 2.1.0 for a close future, I'd prefer proposing a
patch against this development branch (I don't have an urgent need for
this feature).