RE: [Devel] Can U Help Me !!!

From: Robb Hill
Subject: RE: [Devel] Can U Help Me !!!
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 08:26:02 -0400

You could install the PDFWriter driver and print to that first setting it to
embed the fonts that you are having trouble with, or...

You can print to a PostScript file then use GhostScript to create the PDF.

Here is a snippet that I have used to automate word from VB to create PS
then a PDF:

    mobjWord.Documents.Open(mstrDocumentFileName)
    mobjWord.ActivePrinter = "Apple LaserWriter II NTX on FILE:"
    mobjWord.ActiveDocument.PrintOut OutputFileName:=strPSFilename,
Background:=False

    strCommand =
"c:\gstools\gs5.50\gswin32c.exe -q -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -sDEVICE#pdfwrite -sOut
putFile#" & Chr(34) & mstrOutputFileName & Chr(34) & " " & Chr(34) &
strPSFilename & Chr(34)

    Debug.Print strCommand