[Devel] nmakefile for AT&T nmake

From: Fleischer, Karsten (K.)
Subject: [Devel] nmakefile for AT&T nmake
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 12:05:57 -0400

Hello,

in case anyone is interested, I've written an Nmakefile for use with AT&T's
nmake (not to confuse with MS nmake) for FreeType 2.1.0.
The Nmakefile is 16 lines "long". An empty file called 'freetype.ign' is also
needed in order to build FreeType as a DLL on U/Win 3.0.

To build, just copy Nmakefile and freetype.ign into the freetype-2.1.0
directory and invoke "nmake install". You can specify the installation
directory by setting the INSTALLROOT environment variable (e.g. export
INSTALLROOT=/usr/local). If INSTALLROOT is not set, $HOME will be used.

With this nmakefile, nmake will build a shared library by default. If you
prefer a static library, remove or comment out the "CCFLAGS = $(CC.DLL)" line.

I've tested the build on U/Win 3.0 and SunOS 5.8, but it should work any system
nmake has been ported to.

You can download nmake and other AT&T software in source and binary forms for
many platforms here:
http://www.research.att.com/sw/download/
You have to choose at least the 'ast-base' package.
If you have U/Win, you already have everything that's necessary.

Documentation for nmake (slightly out of date) is available here:
http://www.bell-labs.com/project/nmake/

Regards,
Karsten