Re: [Devel] FreeType documentation comments

From: Artur Zaprzala
Subject: Re: [Devel] FreeType documentation comments
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 00:32:17 +0200

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
I *think* most documentation generators don't need the initial
asterisks - all they need is a comment that starts with "/**". I am
very much against them. I think they look horrible, but my main
reason for not wanting them is that they make it *far* more
difficult to edit comments. I really can't work with any system that
requires boxes or initial asterisks - I type fast and I like to edit
extensively as I go along. It should be as easy as possible to edit
comments. This is why all my arguments are aimed at loosening
restrictions and making things easier.

You should change the editor :-) Using Emacs, an asterisk is
automatically handled as a kind of line comment prefix.  You don't
need to add it; Emacs does this automatically for you.

Vim can do it too. :-)

--
Artur Zaprzala