Re: [Devel] font format corner cases

From: James H. Cloos Jr.
Subject: Re: [Devel] font format corner cases
Date: 03 Jun 2002 17:58:39 -0400

>>>>> "George" == George Williams <address@hidden> writes:

George> I've done this for pfaedit (extracting resource forks from
George> binhex/macbinary/dfont files and then extracting
George> NFNT/sfnt/postscript resources from the resource fork). ...

George> fondu.sf.net will [also] do this, ...

Cool.  That covers the mac side of my original post.

There is still the issue of how best to handle things like gzip(1)ed
files.  It seems that the next level up from ft should handle that,
so perhaps ftview and friends should be patched to try using libz to
access files that fail with FT_New_Face(), yes?

-JimC