Re: [Devel] BDF driver

From: George Williams
Subject: Re: [Devel] BDF driver
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 07:07:38 -0700

This isn't an Adobe thing, it is a Microsoft thing as far as I can tell.  A
special modification for SBIT strikes.
Yah. But Adobe has published the specs for bdf format.
If MS supports this extension, and X (freetype) does, then it is perhaps sufficiently wide-spread that Adobe might want to alter the spec to mention it thus preventing a proliforation of different ways of specifying greymaps by bdf files (I mention this because, being unaware of MS's work, I had made a different extension to bdf for this very purpose and so expect that others might too if Adobe didn't put something into their spec).