Re: [Devel] .afm parsing

From: Keith Packard
Subject: Re: [Devel] .afm parsing
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 00:06:18 -0700

Around 9 o'clock on Jun 5, David Turner wrote:

> I don't know if it's evil, but I do not necessarily think that's it's
> a very good idea. There are many problems with fonts that cannot be
> fixed by using just FreeType and FontConfig. Sorry for not giving more
> details right now, but I'm preparing code and an article to demonstrate
> this...

There certainly are a lot of problems with fonts; the part I'm trying to
solve with FreeType is what API is used to load data from font files into
applications.  For that, it seems like FreeType should be sufficient, or
can be made so.

On the other hand, any open source project isn't really complete until it
can read email.  Does FreeType have the emacs nature?

Keith Packard        XFree86 Core Team        HP Cambridge Research Lab